Ship agency from A to Z workshop
WSS Switzerland invites you to join our upcoming workshop covering Agency from A-Z. The workshop is designed for all professionals within the shipping and trading industry, starting at 11:45 until 12:45, followed by Sandwich-Lunch.
Topics covered during the workshop:
- Clarifying the role and function of the agent on board the ship as well as discussing the different types of agency services, and which party in the chain requires what service
- Explain, clarify and discuss who the ship agent’s customer is and the difference between an appointment and a nomination. In addition, highlight what you can expect from the agent you nominate or appoint
- Describe the information communicated by the agent as well as the documents drafted and issued
- Discuss and explain financial transactions involved between the principals and the ship agents, as well as which type of insurances are required to cover the activity
- Provide practical case studies highlighting the importance of having a good and reliable ship agent
Mr Altay Semih will lead the workshop. He got a career dedicated to shipping in different positions as ship agent, head of operation and shipbroker in Turkey. Through his career Semih has been handling operations related to Gas, Crude, Products and most of the drybulk cargoes in/out of Turkey. He also has an excellent knowlege about the Bophorus strait passage and navigation rules. He is currently in charge of the Ship Agency Operations for Wilhelmsen covering all Turkish ports.
Please register for this event until 17 March 2017. For more detailed information, please download the Flyer below.
Download Flyer Ship Agency from A to Z Workshop
Admission: ZCA members free; Non-members CHF 50.-/person
We look forward welcoming you at this event.