The Zug Commodity Association (ZCA) is pleased to inform you about an afternoon seminar in cooperation with HFW on October 11, 2018, starting at 12:30 with a Lunch in the Restaurant Meating in Zug, Grafenauweg 10 (start Seminar 2pm). The offering is dedicated to the shipping and trading community, consisting of four sessions that will bring you up to date with the latest corporate issues, sanctions and compliance developments, credit support in trade finance and insurance.
- Session l. provides an update of the latest Swiss corporate governance issues, including ISO standards, the Lex Minder and governance and compliance.
- Session II. continues on the compliance road but this time in relation to sanctions, including an update on the latest EU and US position, Russia and the US and finally, we will talk about Venezuela.
- After a short coffee break, one of our trade finance experts will discuss in Section III. different forms of credit support, and more specifically, corporate guarantees.
- The seminar will conclude with a presentation on insurance topics in Session IV., focusing on political risk and trade credit, the risks, perils and some practical issues.
Georges Racine, (Partner) is a civil and common law trained international lawyer admitted to practice in Switzerland, England and Wales, and Canada (Quebec). He has acted as lead counsel in international projects and transactions in over 25 countries worldwide, including in Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. Georges has wide-ranging experience in corporate, commercial and international business law, including joint ventures, M&A, projects, venture capital, public-private partnerships, privatisations, concessions, trade finance, risk/compliance management, corporate governance and international trade regulation.
Sarah Hunt, (Partner) acts for a range of trading companies, charterers and owners in shipping and international trade disputes. Her work involves petroleum products, cement, coal, petrochemicals, concentrates, steel and other metals, ethanol and soft commodities. She has particular experience in sale contracts, charterparties, bills of lading, LC / trade finance issues and has been successful in numerous claims involving arbitration or litigation
Viti Plange (Associate) specialises in finance law with particular focus in commodities. Recently, Viti worked in-house for a global commodities trading house, providing front-line legal support to Europe, Middle East and Africa for trading operations, financing arrangements, acquisitions and disposals, dispute resolution and business development projects. She participated in the negotiation of varied financing agreements, including bilateral and syndicated, committed/uncommitted, secured/unsecured, inventory financing, receivables-backed transactions and security arrangements with leading banks while managing local legal counsel in various regions. Her experience in alternative finance arrangements, particularly in emerging markets, includes repurchase agreements and structured trade finance transactions (including the negotiation of trade credit agreements, pre-payment and pre-export finance structures). Viti also has experience in drafting and negotiating agreements, in project management- from inception to completion- and in reviewing and negotiating regulatory and compliance issues and advising on sanctions issues as they impact trade finance deals. Viti is qualified in Ghana and England & Wales and speaks English and French.
John Barlow, (Partner) advises insurers and reinsurers of Financial Institutions in connection with their fidelity, computer crime, D&O, PI/Civil Liability and cyber liability programmes, and on claims that arise under these products. John has handled and settled many of the most significant claims to find their way into the London insurance and reinsurance market over the last two decades.
For more detailed information, please have a look at the Flyer:
Flyer ZCA Management Training
Admission fee per person:
- Participants from ZCA member firms CHF 300.- / Additional participants from same company CHF 150.-
- Non-members CHF 400.-, every additional person from the same company CHF 200.
We look forward welcoming you at this event.
Your ZCA Team