Commodity trading and related services have grown significant in the Swiss economy, and they are expanding even further. These companies are in search of talents.
In cooperation with the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, the Lugano Commodity Trading Association (LCTA) and the Zug Commodity Association (ZCA) offer a certificate of advanced studies CAS for commodity professionals.
The certificate programme will provide attendants with a thorough understanding of the commodity industry and its characteristics. Knowledge got across will provide employees of commodity firms with detailed skills, enable service providers to better understand their clients, and give graduates the tools to enhance their careers.
The CAS Commodity Professional combines theoretical know-how with hands-on learning experience provided by achieved guest speakers. This programme prepares the participants to take on management or specialist functions within the commodity industry.
- Basics of Commodity & Geopolitical Dynamics
- Commodities within the value chain
- Shipping and Transport
- Trade Finance
- Basics of Risk Management
- Legal Aspects and Compliance
- Employees and professionals of companies from the commodity industry, who would like to expand their education
- Employees working for service providers in the commodity industry (e.g. legal, audit, shipping, risk, insurance etc.)
- Those who are considering a career change