30. October 2023
18:00 - 20:30
We are happy to invite you to our upcoming event:
International sanctions against Russia: how they affect Sale contracts, Shipping, Insurance and Banking.
HFW will focus on metals, coal, fertilizers and LNG to illustrate how international sanctions are affecting trading, shipping and insurance with a Russian nexus.
- Complex transactions: when sale contracts become legally impossible to perform.
- Conflicting orders: when instructions are unlawful to lift from Russian Railways, ports or suppliers
- Insurer and banking concerns: what key features will P&I Clubs and banks consider in deciding whether they can provide cover in respect of, or finance, a trade.
- What are the latest prohibitions on lifting metals from Russia? What about Russian content for semi-finished products processed in third countries?
- What is the status quo on large Russian traders – is it consistent between different regulators in the EU and in Switzerland?
- EU de-listings: did you know that several EU-sanctioned “oligarchs” have successfully challenged their listing by the EU as sanctioned persons?
- LNG – what rules exist on trading Russian origin LNG?
- Swiss regulatory update from Bern
- Enforcement: a tour of Swiss, EU, UK and US sanctions – what you should be aware of in 2023
18.15 Start presentation
19.30 Networking drinks
Sarah Hunt, Partner HFW
Sara Abhari, Associate HFW
Venue: Hotel City Garden