23. June 2020 – 23. June 2020
Shipping and Trading for Metals traders: review of key shipping, trading and commercial issues
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
In association with the Lugano Commodity Trading Association (LCTA) and the Zug Commodity Association (ZCA), HFW Partners Sarah Hunt, Sarah Taylor and Michael Buisset, together with Associates Anne-Marie Pearce and Caroline West are pleased to invite you to their webinar on shipping and trading for metals traders.
- Michael Buisset will open the webinar with an introduction on the general developments on the legal issues in the commodity world following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sarah Hunt and Anne-Marie Pearce will then discuss how to protect yourself in sales contracts that are not “back-to-back” in a presentation that will address i) applicable law, ii) the timing of contractual obligations in a contractual chain and iii) quality, quantity and implied terms.
- Sarah Taylor will then discuss Offtake Agreements: how they work and key drafting issues.
- The webinar will continue with a presentation by Caroline West on the legal problems presented by Liquefaction.
- The presentations will be followed by a Q/A session that will allow you to exchange with the speakers on the various topics.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register directly on the following zoom registration from HFW:
The Webinar is free of charge.