10. June 2021 – 10. June 2021
RESPECTING HUMAN RIGHTS IN ENERGY TRADING
Embedding the Commodity Trading Sector Guidance on the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights into business operations
The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) and the State Secretary for Economic Affairs (SECO) warmly invite you to a unique, innovative online workshop involving actors from across the energy value chain, including traders, financial institutions, insurers, and other corporate actors. The purpose of the event is to support Swiss companies respond to existing and upcoming legislation and implement the Commodity Trading Sector Guidance on the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. This event is organised in partnership with Swiss Trading and Shipping Association (STSA), the Zug Commodity Association (ZCA) and Avenergy, and is supported by the Global Compact Network Switzerland (GNCS).
We will be focusing on the following central questions:
- What are the practical implications of the counter-project for Swiss businesses in the value chains for energy traders? When will its implications be felt?
- How can companies use the Sector Guidance to take action to prepare for the counter-project and other legislation coming into force?
- Which specific practices or methodologies can be used to effectively manage human rights risks and impacts in supply chains and address adverse impacts when they occur?
- What opportunities are there to collaborate to address shared challenges?
A briefing note with more background information will be provided closer to the event. Please share your questions or thoughts on the event with us by contacting email@example.com
This event will be for companies only and will primarily focus on energy trading companies.
Participation is free of charge.
To register: https://buytickets.at/twentyfifty/512195