Reed Smith LLP and Zug Commodity Association will be running a workshop on long term commodity supply contracts.
We will cover the following topics.
- The supply contract’s relationship with other contracts
- “Good faith” obligations (express and implied) and “negotiation” claus-es
- Price reopener clauses
- Changes in product specification
- Exclusion of liability/liquidated damages
- “Take or pay” provisions
- Force majeure and “hardship” clauses
- Termination provisions and “break” clauses
- Dispute resolution and the effect of “BREXIT”
- The English Court of Appeal’s decision in Amey Birmingham v. Birming-ham City and the Supreme Court’s decision in Rock Advertising v. MWB Business Exchange (both 2018)
- Richard Swinburn, Partner, Reed Smith
- Paul Skeet, Partner, Reed Smith
- Alexander Sandiforth, Counsel, Reed Smith
12.30 – Sandwich Lunch
13.00 – Seminar
17.30 – Networking Drinks
Admission fee per person
- Participants from ZCA member firms CHF 200.-, every further person CHF 100-.
- Non-members CHF 300.-, every further person from the same company CHF 150-.